Travelling with your tribe can be challenging! There’s already so much you have to take with you, whether you’re heading out-and-about or jetting off overseas. Fortunately travel strollers are continually being improved; lighter in weight, more compact fold, and more inclusions for better value. With so many great options though, how do you choose the right one for you and your travelling tribe?
At Baby Village we know strollers! So we’ve narrowed down our top picks for the Best Travel Strollers available to help you make the decision easier. Some points you should consider are:
- Is it for travel or a compact solution for everyday use?
- What's the budget you have to work with?
- If travelling, where are you going and how will you get there? Car or plane?
- What will you be doing and what’s the weather going to be like? Do you need a rain cover?
What are our Top Picks for Best Travel Strollers of 2023?
The Bugaboo Butterfly is the latest stroller to hit the travel market and is a fantastic, lightweight option for new parents looking for their first adventure. It is a fantastic 1 second fold city pram for travels near and far. With its first-class comfort, easy air unfold & compact design, you and your growing baby will enjoy total freedom for everyday adventures and beyond. It's compact fold allows you back it done into over head luggage compartments with ease so you can sit back & enjoy the flight with your family.
- Easy 1 second (also 1 hand) fold into a sleek compact little shape.
- Extra spacious seat with 63cm of upper body space.
- Car seat compatible. With Bugaboo Turtle by Nuna, as well as many popular car seat brands using adaptors.
- Large basket (for a travel stroller)
- Weighs slightly heavier than other travel pram alternatives.
- Chassis including seat frame, legrest & sun canopy wires, sun canopy clamps
- Wheels including wheel caps
- Base fabric set with comfort harness & sun canopy (with peek-a-boo)
- Seat inlay
- Under seat basket
- Rain cover
- Carry strap
The Joolz Aer is an innovative, ultra-lightweight stroller with outstanding ergonomic design. It's stand-out feature is the one-second, one-hand fold/unfold, without compromising on the quality or style you'd expect from the Joolz name. At just 6kg, it's one of the lightest strollers in the market and with a width of just 44cm, you can take the Joolz Aer all the way onto the plane*. You can carry the stroller on your shoulder with the flexible carry strap. (*Please always check ahead with your airline for approved use.)
- Super lightweight (just 6kg!)
- One-hand compact fold (airplane compatible)
- Optional legrest & bumper (belly) bar add-on
- Quality finishes including leatherette handlebar
- Large basket (for a travel stroller)
- Not newborn-compatible
- Rain Cover
- Travel Bag with shoulder strap
The Babyzen Yoyo2 is almost a household name! It's extremely compact when folded and is therefore airplane compatible, fitting in the overhead compartment with ease. At only 6.2kg it’s also easy to carry when not in use. This stroller has the abillity to grow with your baby; by adding the newborn bassinet kit, your stroller will take you right through to toddler-hood. As your family grows, the Yoyo2 Board easily attaches to the back of the stroller allowing your toddler to sit or stand.
- Super compact fold (airplane compatible)
- Optional Newborn Bassinet add-on
- Toddler Board add-on
- Weighs just 6.2kg!
- Most expensive option
- Rain Cover
- Travel Cover
Baby Jogger City Tour 2
To complement the range of Baby Jogger City strollers, the City Tour 2 features an easy & compact one-hand fold plus extended UV 50+ sun canopy which is great for the harsh Australian sun. The main improvement to version 2 is the near-flat recline meaning it is now newborn-compatible out of the box; an adjustable calf support has also been added to support your little ones legs as they grow. At 6.5kgs and a clamshell fold you can carry this stroller onto the plane making it a great travel companion.
- Newborn compatible near-flat seat recline
- One-hand compact fold
- UV 50+ Extended Sun Canopy
- Airplane carry-on compatible at 6.5kg!
- Optional bassinet and capsule adaptors
- Only compatible with Baby Jogger City Go Capsule
- Travel bag (shoulder)
Mountain Buggy Nano V3 Stroller
When it comes to value for money, this travel stroller is a great choice. With included adaptors the Nano V3 is infant car seat ready and with the full recline fabric sling seat there is no need to pay extra and gives you a newborn-ready option. At just 5.9kg it's super lightweight making it easy to carry around when you’re not using it.
Although this compact stroller is approved for airplane carry-on, you will need to take the back wheels off to fit it into the overhead compartment, and then reattach at the other end. With an adjustable footplate, the Nano V3 is just as comfy for a toddler who can get in and out by themselves.
- Super lightweight at just 5.9kg
- Airplane carry-on compatible
- Optional Newborn Cocoon add-on
- Optional Freerider board add-on
- Need to take back wheels off for carry-on plane travel
- Infant Carrier/Capsule Adaptors
- Travel Cover
Edwards & Co. Otto
Otto is the newest travel stroller on the market. It's unique feature is a 170-degree lay flat seat and is therefore approved for use from newborn! It's also airline compatible and folds into a super compact package with just one hand. It's a smooth ride for Bub in this nifty little stroller with new air-pocket technology PU wheels that give an 'air tyre feel' without the punctures.
It's a little heavier than the others coming in a just on 7kg and has a very small underbasket so don't plan any big shopping trips with this guy!
- Compact one-hand fold
- Lay-flat newborn-ready seat
- New "air-pocket" wheels
- Small underseat basket
- Weighs just on 7kg
- Travel Bag
What are our Favourite Travel Accessories?
There’s also a host of great accessories to get the most out of your travel stroller: cup holders, rain covers, sun/mesh covers, Footmuffs for colder weather, toddler boards for older siblings, and transport bags for added protection!
At Baby Village, we want to help you make the right decision about which travel stroller suits your tribe. That's why we’ve highlighted our top four great options, and given you the points to consider when deciding which travel stroller is right for you!
If you’ve got any questions about the strollers highlighted above or any other travel stroller in our range, leave us a comment below or get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more reviews and blogs by Jess and the team at Baby Village, subscribe to our Youtube channel Baby Village TV so you don't miss a thing!
Written by: Jess Pongrass
As the Face of Baby Village Jess is passionate about bringing the best options to parents & bubs to make life easy, fun & safe! Jess’s mantra as a Mum is try everything and see what sticks!